Urticaria or Hives Homoeopathic treatment
Urticaria is resulting in a secondary reaction after intolerance to an allergen and causes swollen patches in the body, also called hives or nettle rash. It shows pale red plaque which is burning, itching, stinging types of sensations. Swelling lasts less than 24 hours.
Causes of Urticaria
Histamine plays an important role to create urticaria. Histamine a compound that is released by cells in response to injury in allergic and inflammatory reactions, causing dilatation of capillaries.
- Medicines such as antibiotics
- Insect bite or stings
- Physical exposure ( heat, cold, sun exposure)
- Blood transfusion
- Food allergies ( Egg, Peanuts, Nuts)
- Bacterial infection
- Urinary tract infection
Symptoms of Urticaria
Symptoms of Urticaria last from minutes to months or years according to which cause behind the case.
- Read bumps anywhere in the body of different shapes and sizes.
- Itching may be severe.
- Painful swelling
- Sense of heat.
Complication of Urticaria
- Angioneurotic edema.
- Lasts from few hours to few days.
- wheals large and extensive
Homeopathic Management of Urticaria, Hives, Nettle rash
- Apis Mellifica- Apis is the most common and important usually given in urticaria which is acute and in stinging pain or urticaria due to insect bite, stings. EDEMA of the entire body. Transparent, waxy. Erysipelas: sudden onset of the rose-colored eruption.
- Arsenic Album- Arsenic album has a great burning in urticaria. Severe itching without eruption and must scratch until it bleeds. Skin is dry, rough and scaly. Aggravation from cold and amelioration from heat.
- Astacus Flubiatilis- Astacus is also the most important therapeutic importance in urticaria. Nettle-rash over the whole body. Itching. Crusta lactea, with enlarged lymphatic glands. Erysipelas, and liver affections with nettle-rash.
- Copaiva Officinalis- Acts powerfully on mucous membranes, especially that of the urinary tract, the respiratory organs, and the skin, here producing a well-marked nettle-rash. Hives, with fever and constipation. Roseola.Erysipelatous inflammation, especially around the abdomen. Circumscribed lenticular patches, with itching; mottled appearance. Chronic urticaria in children. Bullous eruptions.
- Chloralum Hydratum- HIVES: itching; painful, burning, stinging (Urt-u.). URTICARIA, agg. ALCOHOLIC DRINKS, STIMULANTS, hot drinks. Urticaria coming out AT NIGHT, disappearing during the daytime.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- Urticaria is aggravated by COLD, COLD WET, foggy, cloudy weather, becoming wet. Draft. Uncovering, cooling down single parts and ameliorated by WARM AND DRY. HOT BATHING.
- Urtica Urens- ALLERGIC REACTIONS AFTER EATING SHELL-FISH. Periodicity, yearly. Ailments from suppressed nettle-rash suppressed milk. Urticaria alternating with rheumatism. agg. Cold bathing. Cool damp air. URTICARIA-LIKE ERUPTIONS. ITCHING, BURNING AND STINGING. Red blotches. Sensitive to touch. agg. Over-heating. Itching like formication. BURNS AND SCALDS of the first and second degrees (Canth). INSECT BITES AND STINGS (Apis, Led).